23.10.08

English 6th Grade 2005

By Morgan Hunt
My Autumn eyes behold
Speckled leaves accumulating in front of a bare tree.
Tan coyotes peering into the dark woods.
Gold corn growing in a cornfield.


My Autumn ears hear
Dusky raccoons scuttling into a dark leafy forest.
White rabbits grazing on grass in an open field.
Milky colored owls screeching while perched in a tree.

My Autumn nose smells
Burgundy cranberries baking in a cake.
Dreamy pumpkin pie cooling on the table.
Chestnut turkey sizzling in the oven.

My Autumn mouth savors
Teak caramel apples clinging to my teeth.
Ivory eggnog trickling down my throat.
Multi colored candies melting on my tonge.

My Autumn hand touches
Tawny pine nettles sticking to my clothes.
Brown acorns resting on the ground.
Steamy hot chocolate warming in a mug.

__________________________________________





6 transition words /30
6 strong verbs /30
3 paragraphs /30
Responsible spelling /30

How To Tie Your Shoes
By Morgan Hunt

It’s Friday night and you are at the football game cheering. When all of a sudden you notice your crush in the stands. He is glancing at you so you try to add a back flip into the cheer. When you are about to do the back flip you tumble on your untied shoes. You descend back words and hit someone in the stands. They end up knocking someone else over who hits someone else. They hit the hot dog stand. Before you know it ketchup, mustard, and hot dogs are soaring into the stands. You look into your crushes direction wondering hoping he didn’t notice. He is covered head to toe in ketchup. All because you haven’t learned how to tie your shoes. If this is you, read on for my directions.
First grasp the tip of your right lace with your right hand using your thumb and index finger. Second do the same with your lace using your left thumb and index finger. Third cross both of the laces. Next release the laces where they are. Now take the tip of the left lace with your left thumb and index finger. Next do the same with the right lace with your right hand. After that take the right lace and have the laces intersect by pulling the right lace forward. When you take the tip of the right lace pull it underneath the right side of the lace. Afterwards grip the right lace with your right thumb and index finger. Now do the same with the left lace. Now pull the laces tight. After that take a ¼ of the right lace starting from the knot with right finger and index finger. Next use your middle finger to bring the next ¼ of the lace to the first. Afterwards hold the bottom of the loop with your right thumb and index finger. When you have done that do the same with the left lace. Next take the right loop and pull it under the left loop. Finally yank both laces tight and make sure it is secure.
So you will have no more embarrassment because you can now tie your shoes. Now you should feel free to cheers with no worry. If you have a friend or family member who is experiencing the same problem as you do tell them to call this number 1-800-347-shoes. We hope that our service has worked for you.


___________________________________________________________________________


Morgan Hunt
3 mood sentences /30
7 sensory details /28
6 strong verbs /30
Responsible spelling /12


Sunset Beach


My glazed eyes were caught in the beautiful pinks, reds and purples that covered the sky like a water color painting. As I strolled along the moist shore the smooth, glossy rocks slipped beneath my feet. A layer of joy swept across my rosy, salty cheeks just as kid in a candy shop. My mind was mellow and carefree as nothing but pleasant thoughts frosted my mind. My eyes scanned the rough floor beneath me to behold shells and pebbles speckled with every color under the bright sun. The strong chilly waves sent an icy sensation up my spine. The clear, shallow water acted as a mirror and reflected the sun’s vibrant rays, which glowed my face to spread even more delightment across it. An unexpected splatter of water dashed across my sun kissed face from the playful fish that frolicked in the waves. My stomach fluttered like the flap of the seagulls that soared in the dim and dusky sky.

No comments: